DeSigner Barber and Stylist School is a great choice for your new career! We are located in the heart of Fort Smith, Arkansas with students coming from all over the region. In 2008 we had a 90% job placement rate for all our graduates. We provide individual attention, motivation, a strong work ethic and philosopy, and career guidance both before and after graduation to all our students.
DeSigner Barber and Stylist School holds strongly to the belief that a good education nurtures and promotes one’s self confidence and ability to succeed. “No” or “I can’t” are not used in our daily vocabulary.
If you believe in yourself, anything can be accomplished.
What the mind can conceive, you can achieve.
With education, hard work, strong ethics, morals, diligence, and determination, DeSigner Barber and Stylist School partners with you in your efforts to achieve your goals and dreams. We look forward to guiding you, and helping to place in you a long and successful career in the Barbering profession.
Goals and Program Objectives
DeSigner Barber and Stylist School endorses and promotes the following goals for all students:
- To encourage you to use your abilities, think out of the box, strive to go beyond your comfort zone, continually seek educational opportunities and enrich your life with the versatile directions your education at DeSigner Barber and Stylist School provides for you.
- To educate you in all aspects of women’s and men’s haircutting, styling, coloring, highlights, perms, men’s shaves, facials, skin care, and various techniques licensed by the Arkansas State Barber Board.
- To instill a sense of professionalism and to help you master the necessary skills and procedures required to successfully pass the Arkansas Barber Board Examination, and to obtain licensure and succeed in the Barber Industry.
|Hair Color Specialist||Permanent Wave Specialist||Platform Specialist|
|Salon/Barbershop Owner||Freelance Hairstylist||Make-Up Artist|
|Barber/Beauty Retail Sales||Barber/Beauty Customer Service||Style Director|
|Theatrical Hairstylist||Barber/Beauty Supply Sales||Product Education Specialist|
|Barber School Magazine Columnist||Barber Editor||Barber School Instructor/Director|
- DeSigner Barber and Stylist School admits as regular students, persons who are at least 17 years of age, are beyond the age of compulsory education, have a high school diploma or GED.
- A personal interview and a visit to the school is required. Proof of education must be provided at the first interview.
- The Arkansas State Board Examiners carries out the directives of the Arkansas State Legislature (Arkansas Statute 71-523).
- Student must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
DeSigner Barber and Stylist School does not discriminate on the basis of financial status, race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, age, marital status, sex, disability, military status, or religion. No qualified handicapped person, by reason of the handicap, will be excluded from enrolling in a program of instruction, though manual dexterity is required in the field of barbering/hairstyling.
Student Services and Job Placement
Personal career advising is available as an aid to student motivation and as a means of maintaining the productive attitudes and professional outlook through which students will be able to reach their fullest potential. Students may meet with an advisor and/or instructor on an as-needed basis for evaluation of progress.
DeSigner Barber and Stylist School does not guarantee its students employment. However, due to the school’s self-imposed high standards and the individual attention given to each student, school graduates are well-qualified. Subsequently, quality job placement has been achieved for many students and graduates through a cross-filing system listing prospective employers who contact the school and students desiring placements. Information on job placement and career opportunities is available from the school office.
Getting More Information
We’d love to count you as one of our highly qualified and successful students! To learn more information, contact us!
You are the key to your own success… The sky is the limit.
What are the chances of finding a job once you graduate? Get the information you need on our previous students’ success!
Know your school and feel secure! Read up on the information regarding our school security policies, local crime statistics, and information on nearby agencies that can help you feel safe.
Tuition, supplies, living expenses…. how much does it cost??? Let our Net Price Calculator take the guesswork out of the equation.
Everything you need to know about the school, eligibility requirements, and resources to look into for financial aid!